Twice-Baked Bacon Potatoes
I like these potatoes because they're so versatile. They can be served alongside a fancy entree when company comes...or they can stand as the main course with a salad for an easy supper. Either way, they're wonderful. My family loves them.—Debbie Jones, California, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours + cooling Bake: 30 min.
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup whole milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Bake the potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in milk, bacon, 1 cup of cheese, chives, salt and pepper. Spoon into the potato shells.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with paprika.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 630 calories, 48g fat (24g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 834mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.