- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, zucchini, mushrooms and red pepper in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the lemon juice and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in the cheese, basil and remaining butter. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTuxedo Pasta
"Bland! I wouldn't make this again."
"This one was just "eh" for me. Not bad....but didn't have any wow factor, and based on the reviews, that's what I thought it would have. I even added some garlic and Italian seasoning......disappointing"
"This dish was FABULOUS! I was looking for a new zuchinni recipe and came across this one. It fit the bill perfectly! I used the "fresh" basil in the tube since it's all I had on hand. If quick and delicious is on your mind, what are you waiting for? Get cooking!"
"Very fresh/refreshing flavor. Loved this dish."
"We eat this at least once a month with what ever pasta I have and what ever veggies are available. Made it with out the red peppers once and it was not as good! A total family favorite."
"I have made this 3 times this month, it is my new favorite go to pasta dish for the summer! I have varied it a few ways, using lime juice instead of lemon or white wine vinegar instead. Its definitely better with fresh basil. And I have never done the cucumbers simply bc we don't eat them, but have added yellow pepper or green pepper instead (the yellow was tastier). Love this dish!"
"I made this years ago, then lost the recipe. The flavors in this dish blend so well together, but whatever you do...don't skimp & use grated cheese or basil from a jar! It's worth a trip to the store to get these items fresh...they absolutely MAKE the dish. I also added fresh lemon peel."
"Potato soup7 cups cubed peeled potatoes -- (7 to 7 1/2)4 cups chicken broth ( reduced-sodium )1 cup water2 cups chopped onion1/2 cup chopped celery1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots1/4 cup butter or margarine2 teaspoons salt1/4 teaspoon pepper2 tablespoons dried dill weed1 can evaporated milk -- (12 oz)In a large crockpot, combine first ten ingredients.Cover and cook on high for 7 hours or until thevegetables are tender.Add milk. Stir to blend and heat.Use a hand mixer to blend some of the "chunks" to thickensoup. Fix to preference: to thicken further use potatoflakes & to thin soup,add regular milk."
"Also good with frozen shrimp instead of chicken and fresh diced tomato thrown in at the end"
"I use frozen vegetables and also add parsley. I've even used canned chicken for a fast meal.Sharon"