Tuxedo Frosted Brownies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1 tablespoon rum extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, sugars, water and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt and walnuts; stir into egg mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Combine frosting and extract; spread over brownies. Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and oil; stir until smooth. Drizzle over frosting. Let stand until set before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 225 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 3, 2011
These were good for homemade brownies, but I used a 13x9 in pan and definitely didn't cook them long enough even though I baked them about 15 min longer than said in the directions. They came out EXTREMELY GOOEY if it wasn't for that they would have been really good.