Of the recipes I've collected through the years, this one's most requested by family and friends. Packed with raisins, cornflakes and dried fruit, these hearty cookies are both delicious and nutritious.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup chopped mixed dried fruit
- 3/4 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses and honey. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cornflakes, dried fruit and raisins.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until the edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.