Tuscan Turkey Sausage Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces turkey Italian sausage links
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small leek (white potion only), cut into 1-inch strips
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Let cool and slice.
- In a large saucepan, whisk together the broth, soup, mushrooms, onion, Italian seasoning, garlic and herb seasoning, caraway seeds and fennel seed. Add sausage. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add beans and leek. Simmer 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 181 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 978mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Jan 12, 2016
This soup is delicious. I used ital turkey sausage and took off casing before cooking. Added onions to sausage to soften. Left out mushrooms since hubby does not care for these. Did not have a leek but added some sugar snap peas and this turned out wonderful. This soup is very flavorful.
Nov 9, 2012
Awesome recipe. Really rich and robust flavors. Used fresh mushrooms compared to canned. Will definitely make again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.