Tuscan Sun-Dried Tomato Jam
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 55 min.
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1 tablespoon of the oil. Finely chop tomatoes. In a large saucepan, saute tomatoes and onion in reserved oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the water, stock, vinegar, sugar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Uncover; simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and mixture is the consistency of jam. Serve or transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 55 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Sep 23, 2013
Made this recipe last week and it is wonderful. It is even better after it sits in the fridge for a few days. It really mellows out and is bursting with a super rich tomato taste.I cooked mine longer than called for. It is wonderful on a toasted Baguette with cream cheese. I also added a good amount to a favorite Tomato Quiche recipe that I made. It really bumped up the flavor. This is a A real winner and a Keeper. Branch out with this jam it will work well with many other recipes including a plain old grilled cheese.Janie