Tuscan Sausage & Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Assorted crackers or toasted French bread baguette slices
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Stir in wine, oregano, salt and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
- 2. Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Stir in spinach, beans and tomatoes; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square or if using an oven-proof skillet, leave in skillet. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- 3. Bake until bubbly, 20-25 minutes. Serve with crackers. Yield: 16 servings (1/4 cup each).
1/4 cup (calculated without crackers): 200 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Tuscan Sausage & Bean Dip
"Made this recipe many times. EXCELLENT dip!!! It's always a hit with friends and family!"
"An awesome dip you can use with crackers, tortilla chips or sliced vegetables. I always use just half the amount of spinach , though."
"I am passionate about this recipe. It is a guaranteed crowd pleaser and I am so happy when I get to serve it. I am not a big hot sausage fan, but I must say it adds the right amount of pizzazz -- and the other ingredients prevent it overpowering the dish. The other great thing is that it doesn't require any skill. As long as you can chop and brown, you're going to have a wonderful hot dip."
"I was so tired of serving the same old variations of a Mexican Dip, when I saw this recipe. We were serving an Italian dinner, and I thought this would compliment it. WOW, it was wonderful. I served it with Town House Pita crackers and it was a big hit. I have made it many times since that day, only I use half of the spinach called for in the recipe."
"I have made this several times and it is a HUGE hit! People are always asking me for the recipe. Now I just take a copy with me whenever I take it somewhere."
"This is a wonderful Dip that's Not just a Dip. This would be make a great filling for a Lasagna.My entire family really enjoyed this recipe.Janie"
"Wonderful! I come from a long line of dippers and this is the best dip I have made yet!"
"This was a great dip. I made it for our annual holiday party and it was the first thing to go and almost everyone asked for the recipe. I followed the recipe exactly except I added more garlic than it called for. I don't really think it needed any other adjustments. I will definitely be making this again since I only got a small taste and loved it and wanted more, but it was more important that my guests enjoyed it."
"Excellent! Hardy and filling and flavorful. Made as directed with toasted baguette slices."
"I have loved this recipe, have been making this exact recipe for many years; been around a long time and is tried and true."
"Fabulous - made it for two parties this weekend everyone asked for the recipe. Thanks!"
"Very tasty and versatile. I used mild and hot sausage to balance out the taste. Thanks for sharing."
"This dip is absolutely delicious! I took it to a Super Bowl party last night. The husbands, intent on the game, just stuffed their faces. But the wives asked around to discover who had made it so they could find out what all was in it! I love the idea of adding pasta and making it a casserole so we can have it frequently. Definitely a keeper!"
"I have made this before and it is very good. There are never any leftovers. I might even try a little diced jalapeno for a litte more kick!"
"This is very good!! Has a great flavor but may be a little spicy for some. I served it with pita chips for a nice texture contrast. Next time I will make the sausage mixture the day before to allow the flavors to develop."