- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen pepper stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked fettuccine, optional
- In a large skillet, brown pork in oil; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in the tomatoes, broth, vegetable blend, wine, marmalade, garlic, oregano, fennel seed, pepper and pepper flakes if desired. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into stew. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Serve with fettuccine if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forTuscan Pork Stew
"Very tasty but there is TONS of sauce. I doubled the meat and seasonings but not the liquids and still had a lot of sauce. Served it over rice. Very tasty!"
"Followed comments by others to add more vegetables. Excellent."
"We also added more veggies in this stew potato, celery, and carrots. Had 2 double the recipe. All except the water. Cut the meat the night before and added half the seasoning to it. Put everything in the crock pot the next day including the other half of the seasoning. Added cabbage the last hour of cooking time. It was very flavorful. this recipe is a keeper."
"This recipe was really tasty. I took some tips from other reviewers and used onion and garlic while browning the pork, then drained slightly b/f transferring to crock pot, I also added cut carrots for more veggies and heartiness- I served over spinach linguine, which was tasty. Next time I'll try it over rice."
"This is such a great recipe!! Was easy to prepare and had lots of flavor. IMHO, stews need to have more veggies than this one does, so I added 3-4 large carrots and 3 parsnips, cut into coins. I also took the suggestion of one reviewer (thank you!) to add 2 cups dry Dreamfields elbow macaroni (a wonderful, tasty, low-carb pasta) during the last 2 hours of cooking, which meant I didn't do the cornstarch or use the optional fettucine. Was a great suggestion and added to the stew. Yummy recipe!"
"very good flavor-I added a fresh yellow pepper for color because thhe frozen mix i found only had red."
"The whole family loved it, from a 10 year old and up."