- 1-1/4 cups cornflake crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk, divided
- 24 chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, mix cornflake crumbs, 1/4 cup cheese and salt. Place 1/4 cup milk in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Place on greased racks in two foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, pesto, garlic powder, pepper and remaining milk and cheese; top with tomato and basil. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forTuscan Chicken Tenders with Pesto Sauce
"Very good. easy to make and the sauce topped off this recipe perfectly."