Tuscan Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup each chopped sweet yellow and red peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; place over vegetables. Add the tomatoes, broth, vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper flakes and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and sauce is thickened. Serve with pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
1 each: 164 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Dec 31, 1969
This was deliscious, the flavor of the sauce was perfect. The little touch crushed red pepper was so slight but so present!! The chicken melted in your mouth. The family loved it. Practically licked the pan.
Nov 6, 2012
This did not turn out as I had hoped. The sauce was delicious but the chicken was really tough.
Jun 1, 2011
This was really good. I served it over linguine. I would make this again. This would also be delicious using shrimp instead of chicken.
Apr 28, 2011
Made this for a luncheon today and it was a big hit! Served it with whole grain angel hair pasta. The kitchen smelled wonderful, too. The recipe is easy, but you could also buy a bag of frozenchopped sweet peppers/onions to make it even easier. I will be making this regularly!
Oct 28, 2009
Great recipe - I took the chicken out of the skillet, put penne pasta in the skillet and tossed. Put in casserole dish, added chicken and then covered with some shredded mozzerella - stuck it in the oven for a few minutes - terrific!!
Feb 4, 2009
What a very flavorful recipe! sooo yummy! i also add fresh basil to the dish - yummo!