- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets (about 14 ounces)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, combine cauliflower, broth, water and garlic; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Add sausage and mushrooms to cauliflower mixture; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in cream and pepper; heat through. Serve with bacon. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forTuscan Cauliflower Soup
"Everybody loved this soup, even my 8 year old grandson. However, I added undrained Italian style tomatoes and cheddar cheese. Delicious!"
"I followed this recipe exactly. It was very thin and tasteless ! Such a disappointment for a taste of home recipe. It wasted the Italian sausage and bacon."
"Overall, this soup was pretty good. I liked the use of sausage and cauliflower. I wasn't a fan of the mushrooms but I'm really not in general. Next time, I think I'll add in some tomatoes and extra seasonings."
"3.5 stars. This recipe seemed like it was missing something. I even added parsley, sauteed onions, and some roasted garlic. I used half and half. My husband and I thought it was good, but not great. I am hoping it is one of those dishes that tastes better the next day."
"Very good. I added a heaping spoonful of Better than Bouillon for some extra flavor, but my husband and I really enjoyed it."
"I loved it but my other half didn't like it."