"I love to cook for my family and friends, and this delicious marinated bean salad is a favorite they request often," says Dixie Cannafax of Petaluma, California. "It's especially good alongside a pork entree."
Recommended: 32 Favorite Mediterranean Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup dried navy beans
- 4 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- Place beans in Dutch oven or kettle; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid. Return beans to the pan. Add cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Drain beans; place in a bowl. Add the onion, celery and parsley. In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over bean mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tuscan Bean Salad in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p19
Reviews forTuscan Bean Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2013
"Loved this. Such a simple dish to make but elegant. Something different to have at picnics in the summer."