- 1 cup dry navy beans
- 4 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- Place beans in Dutch oven or kettle; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid. Return beans to the pan; add cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Drain beans; place in a bowl. Add onion, celery and parsley. In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over bean mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTuscan Bean Salad
"Loved this. Such a simple dish to make but elegant. Something different to have at picnics in the summer."