Tuscan Bean and Olive Spread
Wonderful flavors of garlic, rosemary and basil blend in this hearty spread! Lucky enough to have leftovers? Serve it with pita chips, veggies or as a sandwich topper. —DIANE NEMITZ, LUDINGTON, MICHIGAN
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 sun-dried tomato halves (not packed in oil), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Greek olives, chopped
- Bagel chips
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Place the beans, water, oil, basil, garlic, rosemary, pepper and pepper flakes in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Stir in tomatoes. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with olives.
- Serve with bagel chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 99 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Tuscan Bean and Olive Spread in Healthy Cooking December/January 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.