Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 to 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 5 slices process American cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- Additional poppy seeds
- 5 whole canned mushrooms
- Pat five biscuits into 3-1/2-in. circles on a greased baking sheet. Combine the ham, onion, butter, mustard and poppy seeds; spoon 2 tablespoonfuls onto each circle.
- Fold cheese slices into quarters and place over ham mixture. Pat remaining biscuits into 4-in. circles; place over filling (do not seal edges). Arrange olives on top. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Insert one mushroom into the filling of each sandwich for the turtle's head.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 324 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 1311mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
Mar 22, 2013
Ok I did a different version too for the kids. I used sliced hot dogs instead of ham, with one section as the head. After baking I used celery slices as the tail and feet. Big hit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.