- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 to 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 5 slices process American cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- Additional poppy seeds
- 5 whole canned mushrooms
- Pat five biscuits into 3-1/2-in. circles on a greased baking sheet. Combine ham, onion, butter, mustard and poppy seeds; spoon 2 tablespoonfuls onto each circle. Fold cheese slices into quarters and place over ham mixture. Pat remaining biscuits into 4-in. circles; place over filling (do not seal edges). Arrange olives on top. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Insert one mushroom into the filling of each sandwich for the turtle's head. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 5 sandwiches.
Reviews forTurtle Wiches
"Ok I did a different version too for the kids. I used sliced hot dogs instead of ham, with one section as the head. After baking I used celery slices as the tail and feet. Big hit."