- 2 cups pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place pecans and sugar in a food processor; pulse until pecans are finely ground. Add melted butter; pulse until combined. Press onto bottom and up sides of a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Pour into cooled crust; cool slightly. Refrigerate until slightly set, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle pecans over filling. Refrigerate, covered, until set, about 3 hours.
- For sauce, in a large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in sugar until dissolved. Bring to a boil; cook 10-12 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Slowly whisk in cream until blended. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Serve with tart. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forTurtle Tart with Caramel Sauce
"Made this for my daughter's birthday. Forgot to top it with the caramel sauce when I served it; everyone loved it anyway. It was rich, creamy, and chocolatey. Next time I make it, I think I will try it with a pecan shortbread crust instead; I think it will taste delicious with the rich filling and hold together better than the ground pecans."