- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) German chocolate cake mix
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream and pecan halves, optional
- Mix cake according to package directions. Set aside half of the batter; pour remaining batter into a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350°. for 18 minutes. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over low heat, melt the caramels, milk and butter. Remove from the heat and add nuts. Pour over cake. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Pour reserved batter over top. Bake 20-25 minutes more or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool. Cut into squares. If desired, top each with a scoop of ice cream and a pecan half. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews forTurtle Sundae Dessert
"This recipe is amazing! The cake is so moist and caramel adds great flavor. I made this for a party and I almost didn't even get a piece! I would most defiantly make this again."