VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (14-1/4 ounces) Chocolate Chex
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Kraft caramel bits
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, mix cereal and pecans. In a 2-cup glass measuring cup, combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt; microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until smooth, stirring once.
- Whisk in baking soda. Pour over cereal mixture, toss to coat. Microwave, uncovered, on high 3 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Spread onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips and caramel bits (do not stir). Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Break into pieces. Stir in pretzels. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Turtle Snack Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p194