Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel rods
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a double boiler, melt caramels in water. Dip half of each pretzel into the hot caramel. Place on a greased sheet of foil to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip the caramel-coated end of each pretzel into the chocolate, allowing excess to drip off; sprinkle with nuts. Return to foil to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 304 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 4, 2012
This is a unique method for decorating Pretzel Rods in the Turtle Flavored method. The recipe yields 15 servings with 2 equaling a single serving (30 are in a complete set for the recipe). They are real mind challenges, in creating the final treat. Try not to flatten when laying upon a foil lined cookie sheet. Your guests will be enchanted by the tasting finish you have installed upon each one!
Aug 10, 2010
Made this for a church coffee hour for the kids...adults enjoyed just as much--it was a huge hit. I used dark melting chocolate and it took at least another cup of pecans.
Oct 22, 2009
What a fun treat for a party! Yum!