Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel rods
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a double boiler, melt caramels in water. Dip half of each pretzel into the hot caramel. Place on a greased sheet of foil to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip the caramel-coated end of each pretzel into the chocolate, allowing excess to drip off; sprinkle with nuts. Return to foil to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 304 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Aug 4, 2012
This is a unique method for decorating Pretzel Rods in the Turtle Flavored method. The recipe yields 15 servings with 2 equaling a single serving (30 are in a complete set for the recipe). They are real mind challenges, in creating the final treat. Try not to flatten when laying upon a foil lined cookie sheet. Your guests will be enchanted by the tasting finish you have installed upon each one!
Aug 10, 2010
Made this for a church coffee hour for the kids...adults enjoyed just as much--it was a huge hit. I used dark melting chocolate and it took at least another cup of pecans.
Oct 22, 2009
What a fun treat for a party! Yum!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.