Turtle Ice Cream Sauce Recipe
Making this rich caramel-fudge sauce is a family affair at our house—the kids love to unwrap the caramels! The sauce can be made ahead and frozen.
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine the first seven ingredients in order given. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until the caramels are melted and mixture is smooth (do not boil). Reduce heat to low. With and electric hand mixer on medium speed, beat in vanilla; continue beating for 5 minutes. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool for 30 minutes (sauce will thicken as it cools). Pour into glass or plastic food storage containers. Store in the refrigerator. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 9 cups.
2 tablespoons: 121 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Turtle Ice Cream Sauce
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC