Total TimePrep: 35 min. + cooling Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and lightly cooled
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter; blend well. Press into the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan or microwave melt caramels with milk; stir until smooth. Cool for 5 minutes. Pour into crust; top with 1-1/2 cups of pecans.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Add chocolate; mix just until blended. Carefully spread over pecans. Return to baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Garnish with remaining pecans and whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 492 calories, 31g fat (12g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 21, 2017
We loved this cheesecake!! It turned out perfect! I wouldn't change a [email protected]
Apr 23, 2015
What is not to love...caramel, chocolate and pecans all in a delicious cheesecake! Delicious!!
Feb 2, 2012
There's a lot of cheesecake in this cheesecake. It's a richer flavor but very good. I liked the crust and have made it for other cheesecakes I've made also. My only complaint is that the layer of caramel on top of the bottom crust made the slicing of pieces a bit more difficult because it was hard and sticky. Other than that it was delicious.
Nov 9, 2011
I made this for a rehersal dinner, it was soo good.
Jul 30, 2011
I made recipe as written, but used all lower-fat Neufchatel cheese with no problems. I would suggest wrapping bottom of springform pan in foil as I had melted butter seep out, which then burns and smokes. Make sure to read recipe to the end--has to be chilled overnight for best result.
Mar 20, 2011
My family has been making this recipe for YEARS!!!! Every Thanksgiving and Christmas it is made, and visitors ALWAYS rave about it! Definitely one that MUST be tried!
Jul 14, 2010
RAVE reviews on this cheesecake. Easy to make and fantastic flavor. No one in my house could stop at just one piece!
Dec 19, 2009
This was my first experience in making a cheesecake. Wow what a wonderful taste and great fun to make.