Turtle Brownie Bites
A sweet friend of mine was having a party and loved chocolate, so I whipped these brownie bites up for her party. They were a hit, and she has asked for them ever since. —Saleta Lawrence, Benbrook, Texas
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Kraft caramel bits
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 48 pecan halves, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mixes, oil, eggs and water. Transfer to a greased, parchment paper-lined 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool. Cut brownies into 1-1/2-in. squares.
- Place a wire rack over a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Transfer brownie squares to the wire rack.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup cream and butter just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Spoon chocolate over each brownie, covering top and sides. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt the caramel bits, water and remaining cream; stir until smooth. Drizzle over chocolate. Top each with a pecan half.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Turtle Brownie Bites in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013