- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, beat flour, sugar and butter on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Press firmly into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Arrange pecans over crust. Combine butter and brown sugar in heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour over pecans. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top; let stand for 3 minutes. Spread chocolate but allow some chips to remain whole. Cool completely; cut into small squares. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Reviews forTurtle Bars
"Now one of my favorite square recipies! easy to make. I left the butter hard and processed the crust in my food processor which is quick and easy and works great. I also return the squares to the warm oven to melt all of the chocolate to make it easier to spread. I use parchment paper in my pan and simply remove the whole thing to a cutting board when cooled to cut. An excellent bar for transporting to teas, bake sales, etc., as it is not sticky and cuts evenly."