Turnip Sausage Stew Recipe
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, carrots, turnip, onion, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
1-3/4 cups: 445 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 1069mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 7g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Turnip Sausage Stew
"This stew is satisfying and super simple! Used mild italian sausage instead of bulk sausage and it gave it that extra flavor. Had cheese rolls with it and it made an excellent fall lunch!"