Turkey Wraps with Maple Mustard Dressing
“These came about when I needed to make a meal with the few ingredients I had in my fridge. Now they’re a favorite.” —Michelle Frati, Manorville, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 fresh asparagus spears
- 4 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 pound sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 2-4 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Combine the mustard, mayonnaise and syrup; spread over each tortilla. Layer with turkey, avocado, bacon, lettuce and asparagus. Sprinkle with pepper. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 288 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 894mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Savory Turkey Wraps with Maple-Mustard Dressing in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010
Apr 21, 2012
We make these wraps often. Great combination of flavours and texture that appeals to the kids and adults in our home.
Apr 6, 2011
I would skip the asparagus and the avocado, and substitute some diced celery and shredded low-fat cheese instead.