Turkey with Orange-Honey Glaze Recipe
A tangy, fresh-tasting glaze over a golden roasted turkey makes for a memorable holiday main dish. We savor the juicy slices topped with the rich gravy. -Zita Wilensky, North Miami, Florida
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch dried thyme
- 1 turkey (18 to 20 pounds)
- 1 small orange, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sage, salt, pepper and thyme; mix well. Rub 2 teaspoons inside the turkey; set remainder aside. Place orange inside turkey. Skewer openings and tie drumsticks together. Place on a rack in a roasting pan. Combine remaining sage mixture with butter; brush over turkey. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 5-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting every 30 minutes. When the turkey begins to brown, cover lightly with foil.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Brush over turkey. Continue to bake, uncovered, 30 minutes to 1 hour longer or until thermometer reads 185°, brushing with the glaze occasionally. Remove from the oven; cover and let stand 20 minutes before carving. Thicken pan juices for gravy if desired. Yield: 16-18 servings.
1 each: 572 calories, 27g fat (9g saturated fat), 252mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 72g protein.
Reviews for Turkey with Orange-Honey Glaze
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC