Turkey with Mushrooms and Cream
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook turkey in oil and 2 tablespoons butter until golden brown and no pink remains; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine 1/2 cup water, apple juice, 1 teaspoon bouillon and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until bouillon is dissolved. Stir in sour cream; heat through.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, combine the remaining butter, water and bouillon; cook and stir over medium heat until bouillon is dissolved. Add mushrooms; cook for 10 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Serve turkey over rice; top with cream sauce and mushrooms.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 338 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Sep 18, 2010
I liked it but would do some things different next time. The meat was bland. Maybe try Italian seasoning or use wine instead of apple juice.
Dec 8, 2009
We really enjoyed this recipe. I used chicken breasts instead of turkey breasts and served it over egg noodles. I will definitely be making it again!