VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 4 cups cooked white rice, cooled
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme, tarragon and marjoram
- 1 turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a large skillet, cook the pork, beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine egg substitute, poultry seasoning, parsley, celery leaves, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Add meat mixture and rice.
- Just before baking, stuff turkey. Skewer openings; tie drumsticks together. Place on a rack in roasting pan. Combine the garlic, thyme, tarragon, marjoram and remaining salt, pepper and garlic powder; rub over turkey. Add broth and butter to pan.
- Bake at 325° for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the stuffing, basting frequently. When turkey begins to brown, cover lightly with a tent of aluminum foil. Remove all dressing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Turkey with Herbed Rice Dressing in Country Woman November/December 1994, p33
Reviews forTurkey with Herbed Rice Dressing
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2013
"Total disappointment ,do not try unless you like spam or prison food"