Turkey with Cranberry Sauce
You'll hear rave reviews when fantastic fowl stars as the flavorful fare on your weekday menu. Sauteing the turkey in butter an oil locks in the succulent juices. And what's turkey without cranberries? This tangy sauce is served right on top!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (1 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons apple jelly
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Cut tenderloins widthwise in half. Slice each half lengthwise in half, but do not cut all the way through. Open and flatten each piece. Sprinkle both sides with poultry seasoning. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook turkey in oil and butter for 3-4 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove turkey to platter and keep warm. Add cranberry sauce, jelly, mustard and allspice to skillet; simmer for 2-3 minutes. Spoon over turkey.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 314 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Turkey with Cranberry Sauce in 1997 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.