- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 5 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, drained
- 1 turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in thyme and poultry seasoning. In a large bowl, combine stuffing, raisins and celery mixture. Add broth and cherries; toss to mix. Loosely stuff turkey just before baking. Skewer openings; tie drumsticks together. Place the turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Brush with oil. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the stuffing. Baste occasionally with pan drippings. Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before removing the stuffing and carving the turkey. If desired, thicken pan drippings for gravy. Yield: 10-12 servings (6 cups stuffing).
Reviews forTurkey with Cherry Stuffing
"I found this recipe 10 years ago and it has become a family tradition! This is what stuffing should taste like"