Turkey with Balsamic-Honey Sauce
Balsamic vinegar and honey make a quick and tasty sauce for turkey slices.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey and soy sauce until blended; set aside. Place eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip turkey slices into eggs, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet, saute turkey in oil in batches for 2 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir vinegar mixture and add to the skillet; add the raisins and almonds. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve over turkey.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 471 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 184mg cholesterol, 626mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Cutlets with Balsamic Sauce in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.