Turkey with Apple Slices
Any day can be "Turkey Day" when you make this smaller-scale main course from Mary Lou Wayman of Salt Lake City, Utah. Her moist tasty tenderloins--and tangy apple glaze--offer the goodness of turkey in a hurry without a fridge-filling surplus.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 medium tart apple, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook turkey in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear. Remove from the skillet; cover and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the syrup, vinegar, mustard and bouillon. Add the apple; cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until apple is tender. Serve with turkey.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 263 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Turkey with Apple Slices in Taste of Home December/January 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.