Any day can be "Turkey Day" when you make this smaller-scale main course from Mary Lou Wayman of Salt Lake City, Utah. Her moist tasty tenderloins--and tangy apple glaze--offer the goodness of turkey in a hurry without a fridge-filling surplus.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 medium tart apple, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook turkey in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear. Remove from the skillet; cover and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the syrup, vinegar, mustard and bouillon. Add the apple; cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until apple is tender. Serve with turkey. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turkey with Apple Slices in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p16