Turkey Wild Rice Salad
Serve up a medley of textures and tastes with this colorful luncheon idea from our Test Kitchen. Crunchy celery, pepper and pecans combine with juicy grapes and dried cherries, wild rice and leftover turkey in this easy standout salad. You can substitute instant brown rice for the wild rice.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 228 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Originally published as Smoked Turkey and Wild Rice Salad in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.