Turkey Wild Rice Dish
My aunt, Dorothy Riethman, bought this casserole to my house when I returned to work after maternity leave. It was a delicious and appreciated gift.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Stir in the turkey, soup, water chestnuts, water, onion and soy sauce. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Uncover. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 322 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 1337mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Wild Rice Turkey Dish in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.