Turkey Wild Rice Dish
My aunt, Dorothy Riethman, bought this casserole to my house when I returned to work after maternity leave. It was a delicious and appreciated gift.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Stir in the turkey, soup, water chestnuts, water, onion and soy sauce. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Uncover. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.