Turkey Waldorf Pita
We like to roast turkey throughout the year because we enjoy the leftovers. Several years ago, while nibbling on a fresh Waldorf salad and some cold turkey, I decided to combine the two. This pita was an instant hit. —Rita Miller, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, celery, apple, grapes, walnuts and mayonnaise. Place a lettuce leaf in each pita half; fill with turkey salad.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 636 calories, 36g fat (5g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 558mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Waldorf Pita in Reminisce Extra April 2005