Turkey Waldorf Pita
We like to roast turkey throughout the year because we enjoy the leftovers. Several years ago, while nibbling on a fresh Waldorf salad and some cold turkey, I decided to combine the two. This pita was an instant hit. —Rita Miller, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, celery, apple, grapes, walnuts and mayonnaise. Place a lettuce leaf in each pita half; fill with turkey salad.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 636 calories, 36g fat (5g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 558mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Waldorf Pita in Reminisce Extra April 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.