Turkey Vegetable Soup
- 6 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 2 cans (8-1/2 ounces each) lima beans, drained
- 1 to 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large stockpot, combine the broth, potatoes, carrots, celery and onions. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- 2. Add the corn, lima beans, turkey, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer.
1 cup: 123 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 651mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 2, 2017
I made this soup for dinner tonight and it was so good hubby went back for seconds. I pared the recipe down for the two of us and used baby carrots which I had on hand. I took another reviewer's advice and used whole kernel corn. Otherwise, I followed the recipe. Delicious and so easy to prepare. I highly recommend this delicious soup as a Volunteer Field Editor.
Nov 27, 2010
Our fellowship teacher said this was delicious.
I used two different chicken stocks, Wolfgang Puck's & Swanson. Also used organic carrots, celery and 1 1/2 tsps. chili powder. Added minced garlic & garlic powder.
Next time I'll substitute plain corn instead of the creamed corn as that gave it a sweet taste.