Turkey Vegetable Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min.
Makes12 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts)
- 6 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 2 cans (8-1/2 ounces each) lima beans, drained
- 1 to 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, combine the broth, potatoes, carrots, celery and onions. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the corn, lima beans, turkey, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 123 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 651mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 2, 2017
I made this soup for dinner tonight and it was so good hubby went back for seconds. I pared the recipe down for the two of us and used baby carrots which I had on hand. I took another reviewer's advice and used whole kernel corn. Otherwise, I followed the recipe. Delicious and so easy to prepare. I highly recommend this delicious soup as a Volunteer Field Editor.
Nov 27, 2010
Our fellowship teacher said this was delicious.I used two different chicken stocks, Wolfgang Puck's & Swanson. Also used organic carrots, celery and 1 1/2 tsps. chili powder. Added minced garlic & garlic powder.Next time I'll substitute plain corn instead of the creamed corn as that gave it a sweet taste.