When you're looking for a side dish to round out your barbecue, nothing compares to this meaty pasta salad. It also makes a simple yet satisfying meal in itself.
Recommended: Our Best Artichoke Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup red wine or cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 package (12 ounces) tri-colored spiral pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- Whisk all dressing together in a small bowl; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Place in a large bowl. While pasta is warm, stir in 1/2 cup dressing. Cover and chill. Add broccoli, turkey, onions, red pepper and remaining dressing; toss to coat. Cover and chill 3-4 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Pasta Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p55