Turkey Vegetable Lo Mein Recipe
- 2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta or vermicelli, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup julienned cooked turkey breast
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the vegetables, broth, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Add pasta. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until pasta is tender. In a bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into pasta mixture; add turkey. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 3 minutes, until thickened. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 296 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1357mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Vegetable Lo Mein
"Life changing! I went through a total emotional roller coaster while making this the first time ("There's not enough liquid. THERE'S NOT ENOUGH LIQUID!"), but it turned out perfectly! Delicious, fast, easy, cheap, and easy to customize (I'm a vegetarian who only likes a few veggies, so I left out the meat and only added broccoli and cauliflower). Definitely a new go-to recipe!"
"Thank you. Except for the red pepper flakes, which I do not use, this is wonderfully easy, using on hand staples. Very tasty indeed."