Turkey Turnovers for Two
I make this dish often after the holidays when there's leftover turkey in the refrigerator or freezer. It's a hearty meal for the two of us and simple to prepare. -Julie Wagner, Northville, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup cooked peas or vegetable of your choice
- 4 teaspoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons diced pimientos
- Dash each salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted or chicken gravy
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Stir in the turkey, peas, almonds, onion, parsley, pimientos, salt, pepper and garlic powder; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine biscuit mix and water until a soft dough forms. On a floured surface, knead gently 5-6 times or until dough is no longer sticky. Gently roll into an 11x7-in. rectangle; cut in half. Spoon half of the turkey mixture onto each. Carefully fold pastry over filling; seal edges tightly with a fork. Brush tops with butter.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, heat soup and serve with turnovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 617 calories, 37g fat (17g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1553mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Turnovers in Reminisce Extra December 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.