Have a delicious fiesta in moments with this dish from our Test Kitchen. Made with tostadas, but just as tasty with tortillas, this simple Mexican classic will be requested by your family again and again!
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (20 ounces) lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 12 tostada shells
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup cubed avocado
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, taco seasoning and hominy. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- On each tostada shell, layer the lettuce, about 1/3 cup turkey mixture, cheese, tomato and avocado. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Tostadas in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p26