Turkey Tossed Salad
I played around with my best friend's recipe for chicken salad until I had one that was perfect for Thanksgiving leftovers. This salad is light and refreshing...the perfect antidote for heavy holiday eating. Plus, it's easy to prepare. —Kristy Dills, Flintsonte, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 4 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Dash each salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Drain oranges, reserving syrup, and place in bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and reserved syrup; toss with salad. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 199 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Harvest Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.