Turkey-Tomato Pasta Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage, onions and garlic in oil over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, basil and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve over spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 156 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 576mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 5, 2015
Why is this included with the low carb recipes? If you are trying to eat low carb, you must steer clear of pasta!
Feb 4, 2012
This was awesome. I made a slight adjustment by adding green peppers and mushrooms.