Turkey-Thyme Stuffed Peppers
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 medium sweet yellow or orange peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up turkey into crumbles. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes, rice and bread crumbs.
- 2. Cut sweet peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds. Arrange pepper halves in a 13x9-in. microwave-safe dish; fill with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Microwave, covered, on high for 7-9 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender.
2 stuffed pepper halves: 423 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 670mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Dec 13, 2014
Easy and delicious. I left out the onions and used feta instead of mozzarella. Yum!
Nov 4, 2014
I made these tonight for dinner and my family loved them. I did not have any ground turkey so I used the ground beef.
Oct 22, 2014
This recipe is easy and delicious. It is now my go-to stuffed pepper recipe.