Turkey Thyme Risotto
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional broth
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons shredded Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a simmer; keep hot. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender, about 3 minutes. Add rice and thyme; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; cook and stir until wine is absorbed. Add hot broth, 1/2 cup at a time, cooking and stirring until broth has been absorbed after each addition, rice is tender but firm to the bite, and risotto is creamy. (This will take about 20 minutes.)
- Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir until heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 337 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 651mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 27, 2014
Oh my word, this was delicious! It's our favorite way to use up leftover turkey. We've made it several times.
Dec 14, 2013
Very tasty, simple to make and a great way to use up leftover turkey.