Turkey Tenderloin Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 4 turkey breast tenderloins (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 slice red onion, separated into rings
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Flatten tenderloins to 3/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, sherry or broth, soy sauce, lemon juice, onion, ginger and pepper; add the turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Drain and discard marinade. Grill turkey, uncovered, over medium heat on an oiled rack or broil 4 in. from the heat until juices run clear, about 4 minutes on each side. Serve on buns with onion, tomato and lettuce.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 279 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 423mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Feb 19, 2014
Easy and tasty. I halved the recipe and used only about 2-1/2 oz per person which was plenty for us. Because I had just a little bit of turkey I sauteed the turkey instead of grilling or broiling. Turned out very good...
Jun 13, 2011
Love this recipe. The marinade gives the turkey such a great flavor. It took a little while on my gas grill - but it was totally worth it! It also heats up well in the microwave if you have leftovers.