Turkey Tenderloin Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 4 turkey breast tenderloins (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 slice red onion, separated into rings
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Flatten tenderloins to 3/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, sherry or broth, soy sauce, lemon juice, onion, ginger and pepper; add the turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Drain and discard marinade. Grill turkey, uncovered, over medium heat on an oiled rack or broil 4 in. from the heat until juices run clear, about 4 minutes on each side. Serve on buns with onion, tomato and lettuce.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 279 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 423mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Feb 19, 2014
Easy and tasty. I halved the recipe and used only about 2-1/2 oz per person which was plenty for us. Because I had just a little bit of turkey I sauteed the turkey instead of grilling or broiling. Turned out very good...
Jun 13, 2011
Love this recipe. The marinade gives the turkey such a great flavor. It took a little while on my gas grill - but it was totally worth it! It also heats up well in the microwave if you have leftovers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.