Turkey-Tarragon Noodle Soup
I think tarragon and turkey are a flavor match made in heaven and this recipe proves it! — Carolyn Ketchum, Wakefield, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh tarragon leaves
- Additional fresh tarragon leaves, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Return to a boil; add noodles. Cook until noodles are tender, 5-6 minutes longer. Stir in turkey and tarragon; heat through. Discard bay leaf. If desired, top servings with additional tarragon.