Turkey-Tarragon Noodle Soup
I think tarragon and turkey are a flavor match made in heaven and this recipe proves it! — Carolyn Ketchum, Wakefield, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh tarragon leaves
- Additional fresh tarragon leaves, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Return to a boil; add noodles. Cook 5-6 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Stir in turkey and tarragon; heat through. Discard bay leaf. If desired, top servings with additional tarragon.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 219 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 1250mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Tarragon Turkey Noodle Soup in Taste of Home October/November 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.