Turkey Taco Bake Recipe
- 2 cups coarsely crushed corn chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1. Place corn chips in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Place the refried beans in a small saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 cup cheese and salsa. Spread over chips.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine turkey and taco seasoning; sprinkle over bean mixture. Top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with onion.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 662 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 1396mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 12g fiber), 44g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Taco Bake
"Tastes great and super easy. I just used 20 oz. ground turkey since I didn't have leftover turkey and it was good and the right amount. Also black refried beans are delicious and a bit healthier. I liked that it was a meal in one. I just used all the taco seasoning too! I added more toppings like others did of some olives and avocado with what the recipe calls for. With some tropical fresh fruit and wine, it's a great meal for any season. Have made several times lately and haven't gotten tired of it. The Fritos on the bottom also add some corn flavor."
"like it!!!- Have made it a lot!"
"I used non fat refried beans, & non fat cheese to "lighten" it up. Needed to cook it longer to get it good and hot. It was delicious."
"Didn't use the turkey"